Friday, February 22, 2019

Biore UV Perfect Bright Milk SPF50+ PA++++

After Biore UV Perfect Face Milk, I'm finally finally through with the last of the Biore UV Milk line with this 30mL (pink) bottle Perfect Bright Milk.

The one I'm using is the 2015 formula. The whole line was repackaged in 2017, and as of a couple of weeks ago, has again been reformulated and repackaged.

No, it didn't take me three years to use up three tiny bottles of sunscreen milks. First of all I didn't go out much, being home with the little one on most days. Second there were several interruptions in between. I went back to my trusty Allie milk but didn't review since it felt same-old same-old, and plus it's been reformulated again anyway. I also finished a backup 60mL bottle of Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen which has also been reformulated this year. Then I took yet another detour with Nivea Sun Protect Plus UV Waterproof UV Milk, which I don't see on Nivea JP's website anymore so it must have been discontinued also. I do get sunscreen-nostalgia from time to time.

Anyway, back to this bottle of Perfect Bright Milk. It's opaque and has a pink tint. Initially, I wasn't keen on either the opacity or the pink but after a while I got used to them. Dare I say I even like them now. I think the pink evens out my complexion a little bit, yes, even after mixing and blending with other sunscreens (more below). It's as if I'd applied a sheer bb cream or foundation even though the only thing I'd put on was the sunscreen cocktail. Sure, I could have imagined the whole thing but hey, cosmetics are all about perception, right? ^.^" 

There's a down side, of course. Because this sunscreen already provides a tiny bit of enhancement, my usual finishing touch of sunscreen powder becomes overkill and I look made up. So I've been skipping the powder which I'm not too thrilled about.

I didn't bother testing this milk on its own. I figured it'd deep fry my skin just like the previous two bottles (the white and the blue) from this line, so I went straight to sunscreen cocktail mixing. I kept the same ratio of 12 drops of this milk + 20 drops of Sunkiller Perfect Strong Moisture to thin it up + 2 drops of Allie gel (I won't bother linking to my old and out-dated post since it's been reformulated yet again). Works pretty well so far though I'm ready to sample new sunscreens and won't repurchase. Speaking of new sunscreens, I just restocked a bunch with several new ones I haven't tried. So I'm looking forward to trying those and then taking them off with the bunch of new cleansing oils and balms ^.^"

The pink tint isn't obvious by itself but becomes more apparent with the Sunkiller in the mix (right photo).

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts