Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Shiseido The Makeup Luminizing Color Powder

I actually had this Shiseido The Makeup Luminizing Color Powder for a while but never got around to try it. In fact, I was never into Shiseido The Makeup at all, I'm still not, and the only other item I own from this brand is the Multi-shade Enhancer. Just that this particular product and its tri-sections of "colors" attracted me, so I thought, hell, I'll give it a chance.

There are 4 colors available for this Luminizing Color Powder:
- L1 Translucent
- L2 Apricot
- L3 Golden Beige
- L4 Golden Bronze

I was actually eyeing the L2 Apricot first because it had this catchy orangey color in it (I was going through an orange blush phase), but then I needed a translucent powder at the time so I decided to get L1 Translucent instead. I only bought the refill though. The case was sold separately and looked rather thick and clunky so I skipped it. I was guessing this rounded refill should fit any Shiseido The Makeup powder case with for rounded refills, and what do you know, it did fit perfectly into the Multi-shade Enhancer case :)



There are seemingly 3 "colors," white, airy pink, and a good ol' light natural powder color. The white and the pink are both matte, and the powder color has extremely fine shimmers that imparts a very subtle glow that is impossible to detect during the day. Even at night the effect of the "luminizing" part of the powder is difficult to see, so it's quite a "safe" translucent/finishing powder to use but is certainly not meant to be a highlighter by any means.



You can say I'm thoroughly impressed with this Luminizing Powder. No, let me rephrase that, I love, love, LOVE this powder! It's right up there with my latest love Revue Feel Veil Powder in its super fine, smooth, and silky texture. Performance wise, it's actually even better than Revue in that it isn't overly moisturizing. Thing is, it is scented, though lightly, and I like the scent too :D It's a rather lovely powdery smell that's a cross between the fragrance in the Shiseido Benefiance skincare line and Lancome Renergie creams, so no complains here. Luckily, I don't have skin that is sensitive to scented products. If yours is, be wary, but if not, I would wholeheartedly recommend this powder!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts