Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

Started using this Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash a few weeks ago. Gentle, it is, a pushover almost! Unfortunately this one is a let down, and I actually had hopes for it too!

To be fair, it is quite mild and not stripping at all while rinsing clean and does not leave my skin tight afterwards. So why don't I like it? Two things - first the texture, and secondly, the smell.



Well, looking at the bottle and its huge pump, I would expect this thing to dispense some foam. And it does dispense foam, yeah, some very wimpy foam. In fact, the foam is so pathetic that as soon as I apply it my face, it disappears completely and I'm left with this thin soapy slippery liquid that was supposed to foam! I guess I'm so used to the Japanese face washes that foams like mad! Even the Dove Beauty Moisture Creamy Face Wash that I had faulted for dispensing only thin and not as creamy a foam, at the very least it dispensed some foam, unlike this...thing! I wonder why The Body Shop even bothered with the big and bulky foam dispenser?

Now on to the smell, or rather supposed lack thereof. I know you're probably wonder what the hell I'm griping about. Yes, while it's true unscented stuff is supposed to be better for me, I would much rather use the less-good-for-me [lightly] scented stuff if this better-for-me unscented stuff means it will smell like shit! Well, not really shit, but it has this nasty alcohol-like very chemically odor that just rubs me the wrong way. As soon as I took a whiff of it, I tore out the label in search for alcohol content, only to find it doesn't have any!!! So I'm completely baffled as to why it gives off this weird alcohol smell, especially when it's alcohol-free! Doesn't make any sense! Anyway, I'm generally in favor of lightly scented, or better yet unscented skincare and cosmetics, but this unscented face wash stinks! I will not buy this again ever, even if it was on sale for dirt cheap. That's just how much I dislike it.

The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash:
Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Tocopherol.
***List of ingredients from The Body Shop USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts