Monday, November 15, 2010

SimSir Turkish Kebab Truck

The last time when hubby and I hung out with friends, we were told briefly about a kebab truck somewhere on the West entrance of the Yokohama Station. Yada yada, it all went into one ear and out the other, you know how things are after some liquor. Then I went shopping at Daiei, and lo-and-behold there it was, the Simsir Turkish Kebab Truck, parking right outside the building!

Actually, I walked right past it before realizing what I had walked by, then literally did a double take and turned back. The guy manning the truck saw me, laughed, told his friend something in Turkish, then laughed some more, probably because my eyes went all goggly looking at the menu and I was drooling. Whatever. hubby and I would really love ourselves some kebab, but I wasn't sure it was going to be good or terrible, so I was cautious and bought 2 chicken kebab with spicy sauce. They also had the original mild sauce and the garlic mustard yogurt sauce, but you know me I love spice so it's got to be the spicy sauce.

Mix beef and chicken kebab with spicy sauce.

So I brought my discovery home and presented it to hubby, whereupon he tore the bag opened and shoved one kebab into his mouth and swallowed it whole before announcing we were going right back out there for some more kebabs for dinner. We were starved for non-Japanese food, you see. Don't get me wrong, we love Japanese food and it's awesomeness. But after months of nothing but Japanese food, even awesomeness can get sickening.

Anyway, we did venture back out, this time getting ourselves the mix beef and chicken kebab still with spicy sauce because the chicken kebab tasted like spicy chicken soft taco, yummy, but not very kebab-ish. The mix beef and chicken kebab was much much more flavorful and totally hit the spot for us. It was so much fun, sitting in a corner on the street wolfing down kebabs and drinking apple juice from a vending machine nearby. Oh Japan how we love thee...

Hubby eating kebab like there's no tomorrow.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts