Monday, December 12, 2011

Visee x Royal Party Glam Nude Eyes

This is a follow up post to the original Visee Glam Nude Eyes review 2 weeks ago. First off, I have to say these Visee x Royal Party Glam Nude Eyes palettes work out so, so, so, so much better for me than the other 3 from the permanent line up! Secondly, who the heck was in charge of naming these color? I mean, the colors are gorgeous, but what the hell, Rose Pink Fur and Blond Fur? What fur? And whose? And what fashion house would name a freakin' eye shadow "fur"? Doesn't those names just make you wince?

Ahh...I feel so much better now. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Okay, back to the topic.

I have already described the details of these Glam Nude Eyes palettes in the last post, so I won't repeat myself here. Where as the permanent lineup are packaged in deep metallic brown compacts, these limited edition ones come in pretty white metallic pearl white compacts. Packaging aside, however, I was totally sold on the two color combinations ever since I saw the promotional picture months before their actual release. At the time, I wasn't even interested in the permanent line up due to the cream shade, instead I was lemming these two ^.^ I would even say it was because of them that I went back to take a closer look at the permanent lineup and finally picked up 3, among which unfortunately only 1 I really liked.

Visee x Royal Party LE N-6 Rose Pink Fur. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Visee x Royal Party LE N-7 Blond Fur

Lasting power, pigmentation, and texture wise, these are just like the permanent lineup, for better or for worse. As nice and smooth as they are, they do crease on my after a few hours even with my sunscreen and cream base. The pigmentation is between low and medium, because mind you these are meant to achieve a "nude" look and therefore aren't super duper pigmented. But however you interpret these to be positive or negative qualities, I must emphasize that I lurrrrv these palettes anyway because of the color combination.

N-6 Rose Pink Fur

N-7 Blond Fur

N-6 Rose Pink Fur: a gorgeous plum mauve combination that is just the perfect cool counterpart to the warm pink brown N-2 Pink Beige that turned me all red and sleepy. This palette is exactly what I was hoping for and then some! I do wish it would last longer on me, but I love it nonetheless!

- Top right: cream base, luminous satin, very sheer. A fleshy pink in the pan but really doesn't have a color once applied. It just provides a fresh base for the other colors.
- Top left: highlighter, shimmer, very sheer. A very pretty dusty pink.
- Lower left: medium crease shade, shimmer, low intensity. A gorgeous pinky mauve.
- Lower middle: liner shade, shimmer, medium intensity. A deep plum.
- Lower right: sparkly finishing wash, shimmer, very sheer. A beautiful pink peach, and all the sparkles in this colors only makes me love it more!


N-7 Blond Fur: this is a champagne beige combination that looks warmer in the pan but, thank goodness, goes on me a bit cooler ^.^' In my opinion, this is a true "nude" palette as it gives me the minimal makeup look but at the same time totally brightens my entire area. Again I wish it would last longer on me, but I don't like it any less because of this, which can only mean I like it that much.

- Top right: cream base, luminous satin, very sheer. A pale sand that doesn't really have a color once applied.
- Top left: highlighter, shimmer, very sheer. Looks like a marzipan in the pan but is muted to more of a golden ivory on me.
- Lower left: medium crease shade, shimmer, low intensity. Looks like a golden bronze in the pan but goes on me more of a cooler beige brown.
- Lower middle: liner shade, shimmer, medium intensity. A deep bitter chocolate.
- Lower right: sparkly finishing wash, shimmer, very sheer. A sparkling pastel peach that turns more of a champagne on me, but I love it!



See my previous Visee Glam Nude Eyes post. 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts