Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sothys Hydra-Nourishing Mask

Been using this 50mL/1.69fl. oz. tube of Sothys Hydra-Nourishing Mask for a few weeks now so it's a good time for a review.


This mask comes out of the tube a pale blue gel-cream. The ingredients list doesn't show any added fragrance but there's a sweet scent faintly of strawberry, and I'm sure shea butter doesn't smell like that, not that the fragrance bothers me in anyway.

I have to say, this mask works a lot like a sleeping mask! I can do a quick pick-me-up treatment, as in piling on a generous application, leaving for 15-20 minutes and then wash off, or applying a much thinner layer and wearing overnight. It even feels like a sleeping mask going on, very nice and refreshing and will leave my skin with a slight stickiness that takes a long time to go absorb completely and go away. And this is when I apply a thin layer for overnight use, so I suspect it will be much tackier were I to use it as intended, applying a thick layer for 15-20 minutes.

I even tried wearing it as a day-moisturizer, like Clinique Moisture Surge Intense, which calls for an even thinner layer. This didn't work too well, as I'm all shiny and greasy by midday, so that was that. I'll be traveling very soon, so I'll probably carry this onto the plane for that pick-me-up, because my skin will definitely need that extra help then. I won't repurchase though, because I'm not all that fond of sleeping mask :P

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts