Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Addiction The Eyeshadow Part II

In early October, J. and I visited the Addiction counter at the Ginza Mitsukoshi to check out the then newly released North Star collection. But really we were there to play with all The Eyeshadows and pick up whatever gem(s) we could find before we leave Tokyo :( I ended up going home with 021 Love Affair (P), 040 Dolly Bird (P), 069 Flash Back (P), 074 Fudge (ME), 091 Super Moon (P), and 110 Old Town.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Holy crap, I didn't expect it to be so much work to swatch 100+ eye shadows. Both J. and I had our back of the hands and arms covered up with smears and smudges, and the all salesladies were giggling as they hand us one piece of soaked cotton after another. And sorry, I didn't take photos, because I didn't want to be for hours and it would have taken hours!


But I'm glad we went through all that trouble, because boy did I find myself some lovelies! There were many mattes that I skipped, too many in my humble opinion but you already know I'm biased for the sparkles and the metallics ^.^ Anyway, I apologize in advance for the shitty lighting which washed out all the product photos and render the colors inaccurate. Please refer to the group photo above instead.

- 021 Love Affair (P): semi metallic, medium intensity. A lovely tawny pink that makes a nice all over the lid wash.

- 040 Dolly Bird (P): shimmer, medium intensity. An inky, blackish blue that's lovely in the crease or to line with.

- 069 Flash Back (P): semi metallic, medium intensity. A pretty taupe that I keep buying over and over and still can't have enough of.

- 074 Fudge (ME): metallic, high intensity. A coppery bronze with an intense metallic finish. It's definitely warm but doesn't red on me at all. The very moment I swatched this color, J. and I dropped our jaws and stared at each other wide-eyed, totally sold. This color along with a few others like 092 Mariage, 095 Color Purple, and 110 Old Town below exemplify the quality of this entire eye shadow range. It's so dense and smooth it almost feel like a cream, and superb pigmentation with zero fallout whatsoever. Love!

- 091 Super Moon (P): high shimmer metallic, low intensity. A beautiful gold sparkling top wash that's pigmented enough to be use alone all over the lid. I wavered back and forth on this shade for a while. I also have so many similar gold top washes, then again, I also have many taupes also. In the end I went for it because I know I'd regret passing it up.

- 110 Old Town: metallic, medium intensity. When I swatched this color indoor, it appeared a pink-purple taupe. However, in natural light it has an obvious lavender sheen. So there you have it, a lavender taupe with an intense, mirror-like metallic finish. Damn gorgeous!

Top row: 021 Love Affair (P), 040 Dolly Bird (P), and 069 Flash Back (P).
Bottom row: 074 Fudge (ME), 091 Super Moon (P), and 110 Old Town.

Below are some comparisons of similar-looking colors or those in the same family of color.

Top row: 021 Love Affair and 069 Flash Back.
Bottom row: 092 Mariage and 110 Old Town.


Here are the two taupes back to back: 069 Flash Back and 110 Old Town. See that lavender now?

074 Fudge, 075 Boy Toy, and 092 Mariage.


040 Dolly Bird, 043 Dangerous Liaison, and 095 Color Purple.

See my previous Addiction The Eyeshadow post.

4 comments:

Citrine said...

I hopped right onto ichibankao for old town...Of course the winter collection isn't even there. Well, I will play with other purple taupes I have....

D. said...

Hi Citrine,

Try Rakuten! I just checked Addiction's online shop for you and the winter collection's sold out :(

If I see it on Rakuten I'll email you!
D.

kuri said...

old town looks particularly lovely! sigh, sold out huh

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Oh yes, I drooled over Old Town the moment I saw it! O.O

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts