Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Mara Hoffman for Sephora Collection Kaleidescape Tinted Lip Balm

This Mara Hoffman for Sephora Collection Kaleidescape Tinted Lip Balm in Wilderberry was a cart filler (what I really wanted was a set of mini L'Occitane hand creams in LE tubes) ^.^

The Mara Hoffman for Sephora Collection came out summer of 2016. There were other items but none interested me as the lip balm does. I even looked up the lip balm just to make sure it won't be a disaster. The reviews were overwhelmingly positive, so I figured it can't be that bad. And plus it comes in an environmentally friendly paper tube with a pretty geometric print. Sure, into my cart it went.
 
All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

The paper tube is pretty indeed! Very much along the line of Paul & Joe, only I get both the case and lippie itself for $11 on sale, the price of just the P&J case ^.^ The lip balm is scented with a mild fruity berry scent that isn't too sweet, thank goodness. The color is shimmer-free. So far so good.

Now comes the real surprise: the formula is fantastic! The moment I tried this balm, I knew I needed a backup, may be even two. Folks, this is a less melty version of Lipstick Queen Jean Queen: not thick or balmy but not too thin either, glides on like butter, leaves a glossy finish, super moisturizing, and long lasting. Yup, I definitely need a backup while it's still in stock at the sale price.

- Wilderberry: shimmer-free and translucent mauve. I was afraid it would have a white base and be opaque or worse, milky. But nope, it's totally translucent and simply love. It has since displaced Lipstick Queen Medieval for the limited space in my purse.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts