Monday, June 24, 2019

Philip B Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo

After Frederic Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo, I fished out another 60mL/2fl. oz. travel sized bottle of Philip B Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo without reading the label carefully (happens a lot, unfortunately...). It was from a Beauty Habit GWP some years back and I was antsy to use and be done with it while hubby's working on the remainder of the Bene Premium Crystal Rose Repair Shampoo bottle.


Turns out this is a clarifying shampoo--it says so right on the bottle, which of course I didn't read =.= Clarifying shampoo is fine. It just means I can't hurry and use it up in a couple of weeks as planned. Instead, I'm temporarily using this in place of Nioxin Shampoo System 1 twice a week until I run out. Taking a short break from Nioxin won't be too bad.

The shampoo itself is thick. Like, honey-thick. To make it worse, the plastic bottle is super hard and difficult to squeeze. Every time I use this stuff, my squeezing hand comes away red and achy. But hey, this is just a sample bottle. Apparently, this clarifying shampoo is one of their best-sellers, so I won't nitpick the sample packaging.

As you can see, the shampoo is an emerald green color. It has a musky woodsy scent with a prominent note of peppermint, supposedly from the 2.3% peppermint oil. Once lathered up, it gives my whole head and face a strong cooling and tingling sensation. Right now, that's okay. In this heat, it's refreshing even. But in the winter? I've no doubt it'll feel like the Ice Bucket Challenge, which I'm not keen to repeat twice a week. Once rinsed, my hair is squeaky clean, though thankfully my scalp doesn't get all greasy the next day from overcompensating the stripping of all the natural oil. I think it's ok, not worth the high price tag: it's five times Nioxin's retail, I kid you not. I'll just stick with Nioxin :)

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts