Sunday, June 9, 2019

Skinzen Ecoglam Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++

Several times now, our little guy slept in, which meant hubby missed his commute bus, which meant I drove him to work after we dropped the little guy off at school. This meant I had to camp out at a coffee shop nearby hubby's office until we could grab lunch together in 2-3 hours. All this because the office was a 30-minutes drive away from home, and I wasn't keen on wasting time driving back and forth. So I'd bring my laptop and get in my morning writing. This also meant my laptop bag needed a sun stick--I carry one with me everywhere now, hence this 20g Skinzen Ecoglam Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++.


Yet another sun stick in a bent deodorant packaging, not unlike Mamonde Everyday Sun Stick, which also contained 20g of product. Unlike Mamonde, thankfully Skinzen doesn't smell like deodorant. However, I dislike that Skinzen is all-chemical, with the main filters being octinoxate and Uvinul A+ according to this list of ingredients. I wish it had at least one mineral blocker like titanium dioxide in Mamonde and Hanyul White Chrysanthemum Matte Sunscreen Stick.

Not surprisingly, the Skinzen sun stick is totally, completely transparent, and it goes on invisible thought with a sheen. This transparent stick is somehow unnerving to me. I know it sounds silly, because Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Targeted Sun Defense Stick is also all-chemical and goes on clear too but I like it. I guess it all comes to down the visuals, because the Elizabeth Arden stick is at least translucent. Same with Sunkiller Perfect Strong Moisture--the thin milk also all-chemical but is at least translucent. Whereas I think Skinzen is a harder sell, telling me I'm supposed to trust that this clear stuff is going to protect my skin from the sun, and with such high SPF and PA too.

In addition, it goes on really sticky and oily and doesn't really set. I rubbed it onto the back of my hand and then rubbed my two hands together to spread, and it left my hands icky and sticky until I couldn't stand it anymore and washed it off. Totally pointless. Will not repurchase.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts