Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Targeted Sun Defense Stick SPF50 PA+++

So far I've tried four sun sticks, Mentholatum Skin Aqua Perfect UV Stick which I keep in my car, Hanyul White Chrysanthemum Matte Sunscreen Stick which I ended up giving to my mum and she likes it a lot, Mamonde Everyday Sun Stick which is in my bathroom cabinet for touch-ups, and this 6.8g Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Targeted Sun Defense Stick SPF50 PA+++ I keep in my bag, because it fits ^.^


First of all, let me point out the obvious--it's Elizabeth Arden, wow! However, it's only available outside of the USA, which makes me wonder what other interesting products other brands are releasing outside of the USA. I do know department store/high-end brands do Japan or Asia-exclusives all the time, and I did in fact got this Elizabeth Arden sun stick from Rakuten Japan. It cost me 2,000yen, which is pretty pricey considering there are only 6.8g of product, but I'm curious enough to take the bait. 

My conclusion is that this isn't a sun stick really. It's more like a multi-purpose balm stick that can be used on the eye area, nose ridge, around the nostrils and mouth, and of course on the lips. It has the same herbally-chemically scent as the Eight Hour Lip Protectant SPF15. It even feels the similarly smooth and emollient, so basically twice the product content and much higher sun protection (and all-chemical filters, arguably not as reliable as mineral and chemical ingredients combined) for less--the original Lip Protectant SPF15 is $24! So I guess when I think of it that way, the price is actually not so bad.

So far, this sun (balm) stick is a welcomed addition to my bag. I'm using it as intended, especially around the nostrils and mouth, of course on the lips, and on my ear lobes also. It goes on completely transparent. The texture is really nice and the formula is very moisturizing. Immediately upon application, it does away with the dry flakes on and around my lips and around my nostrils. I think it's probably better in the colder seasons when my skin is super dry, but right now it's okay too. When it gets hotter though, I might put it away and save for the winter. As much as I like it, I won't repurchase. It does contain both octinoxate and oxybenzone and says so right on the box.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts