Monday, May 13, 2019

Ettusais Lip Essence Color SPF18 PA++ Part II

This Ettusais purchase was very much an impulsive buy and while all three products are usable, frankly I could do without them and be $50 richer =.=

I'm posting about Lip Essence Color SPF18 PA++ in the LE silver packaging and color RD, but next time I won't bother because it's exactly the same as the previous one.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I feel a bit stupid for having bought this. The different packaging and the slightly different color names, this RD versus the previous Tinted Red, threw me off and I thought I was getting two different products.

Now that I think about it, Ettusais does this every year. They'd release the same goddamn Lip Essence Color in a different packaging (sometimes nice like this silver tube, other times lame like the previous plastic tube with paper sticker) and negligibly different color names. I guess I'm a slow learner, but I do learn. I'm going to stop buying from Ettusais altogether. I've used enough of their product to come to the conclusion that the brand is rather gimmicky and just not worth it.

The balm itself hasn't changed because, well damn, it's the exact same stuff. Ha. It's balmier and glossier than DHC, but it lacks the same healing properties and retails for twice the price. And as you can see, the color RD is so sheer you could probably get better color pay-off with Cherry Chapstick. Sigh.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

I bought it on a whim and didn't hate it. My lips are super flustered during hotter days and this pigmentation is kind of perfect for summer...I will probably think differently if I got multiple of the same thing.

D. said...

Hey Mina,

Well, I don't hate it either. Just wish being a "limited edition" it wasn't identical to the previous one. But again, Ettusais does this every year I think, they'd come out with a LE stuff that's absolutely do different than every other year's LE stuff >.<"

D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts