Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Suqqu 15th Anniversary Lipstick

Last fall, Suqqu celebrated their 15th Anniversary with a small collection with two Color Compacts, each with one cream and two powder eye shadows, and one powder blush, and five mini lipsticks, all came adorned with a Swarovski crystal charm. The two Color Compacts were orange-red and pink-berry themed and were too loud for my taste, but two of the mini lipsticks did catch my eyes even though they were supposedly the brand's "first" semi-matte lippies (really?): 104 贅紅 (Zeibeni) Soul Red and 105 墨苺 (Sumiichigo) Deep Berry.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

These are minis alright. They're tiny and super cute, and I like them. I just wish they aren't in gold square tubes ^.^" The crystal charm is neat but makes them hard to store, which I suppose makes sense since they're meant to be displayed.

I'm thinking I might just turn these crystals into earrings instead.

Interestingly enough, as small as these tubes are, they're still thicker and chunkier than the old but fashionably sleek black tubes. Ahhh, those were the days.

These lipsticks have a smooth and comfortable formula that's decently moisturizing. They're well pigmented, which is way too pigmented for me. One swipe will give me complete coverage. The finish isn't really semi-matte in my opinion. There's a sheen to both colors, so I'd say the finish is more satiny. I'm glad I tried these and they're lovely collection items, but I rarely reach for them :(

- 104 贅紅 (Zeibeni) Soul Red: opaque and shimmer-free warm red. I like this color a lot and do try to sheer it out with a layer of balm underneath.

- 105 墨苺 (Sumiichigo) Deep Berry: another opaque color and pretty true to its name, at least when swatched on the back of my hand. On my lips, it's a darker, almost blackberry color and is on the cooler side. This one has few and scattered silver shimmers that aren't visible, so I wonder why they bothered at all.

104 贅紅 (Zeibeni) Soul Red and 105 墨苺 (Sumiichigo) Deep Berry.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

So pretty...I love the useless charm too. I hope Suqqu will bring back the sleek tube someday. Speaking of sleek, the new Shiseido lipsticks (sheer one) look and feel very sleek, just the packaging though, the actual colors looks really off (they arent ugly but just looks a little auntie or editorial clown brights).

D. said...

Hey Mina,

They're nice collection items. I've seen folks who actually wear the lippies bemoan their tiny size, whereas I barely touch them myself and bemoan their clunky mini packaging LOL People are hard to please ^.^"

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts