Friday, June 19, 2009

Naive Olive Deep Cleansing Oil

My affair with cleansing oils goes like this: I started venturing beyond Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil because, well, I got bored of it. Then it was DHC Deep Cleansing Oil for the next couple of years and got bored of it too, plus it was a tad drying. Tried the FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil next and liked it, but eventually went back to DHC for a while because not only the FANCL cleansing oil is expensive, it goes bad within a couple of months because it has no preservatives. This put pressure on me to use it up quickly, and I found that pretty ridiculous and just stop using it altogether :)

Now, in between my OCM days, I use this Naive Olive Deep Cleansing Oil. I spotted this at my local Asian grocery and thought I might give it a try. It's pretty cheap in comparison to all the other cleansing oils I've used, retailing for about $10 for 170 mL. And the bottle comes with a flip top cap that expends the oil surprisingly well, which was neat. They have a bunch of other cleansing oils too though, more from this Naive line, Kose, etc., so my guess is that I'm not going to be very loyal to this one either :P



This Naive Olive Deep Cleansing Oil is decent. The texture is very runny and silicon-y like the Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil, but the main ingredient is mineral oil. It is scented with a strong citrusy fragrance, I would say pretty perfumy, just like the Shiseido one too. I like that it is quite mild despite the mineral oil content and is not as drying as the DHC cleansing oil. The down side is that it leaves a slight film on the skin, which is fine by me since I'm pretty used this by now, thanks to OCM every 2 nights. So if your skin can't tolerate mineral oil, is sensitive to fragrance, or you would rather having your cleanser rinses of squeaky clean, I would suggest skipping this one.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts