Monday, July 27, 2009

Naturally by Victoria's Secret Blackberry & Tonka Bean All-over Moisture Salve

Yes...more Victoria's Secret. I didn't started this, promise! Out of the blue, my lovely friend Carla gave me this Naturally by Victoria's Secret Blackberry & Tonka Bean All-over Moisture Salve (talk about a mouthful, sheesh!). I didn't know what to think of it at first, I mean, "natural"? Victoria's Secret? Ha! Don't make me laugh.



The salve comes in a pretty lilac metallic tin pot with twist off cap, and boy, it is freakin' huge! It holds a whopping 1.7 oz (50 g!) of product, a bit more than twice as much as your [above] average lip balms or salve in a tin pot! When will I ever finish using this giant thing?!? Of course, it also comes with a semi-big price tag - $10, but given the other balms/salves cost $6-8 with only half the amount of product, the $10 price isn't that bad. There are always on-going promotions, coupons, and deals too.



The salve smells good, discernible scent of berries though, only a very subtle sweet bean paste scent with a touch of vanilla and...petrolatum :D The main ingredient is petrolatum, after all. I can see why someone would think this stuff is nothing more than dressed up Vaseline, but then again Vaseline doesn't have other ingredients like blackberry extract, apricot kernel oil, cotton seed oil, and shea butter, so I would say it's more of a salve than just straight up Vaseline. Most other salve uses petrolatum as the main ingredient anyway, just saying.



I need to thank Carla for turning me to this stuff - it's became another one of my favorite balm now! In fact, I like it so much I bought some for my mum and sister, and they like it too! My sister told she had dry and itchy eye lids (allergies) and it went away with just a tiny dab of this stuff! The texture is not unlike the popular Smith's Rosebud Salve, only it's more buttery and less sticky. The staying power is better than the Rosebud Salve.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts