Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lavshuca Dual Prism Eyes

I have been using these Lavshuca Dual Prism Eyes since June and brought them with me to Japan. I guess it's home sweet home for them, though I didn't bring them on purpose. I had them in my makeup bag the whole time and during the chaos of packing, I didn't bother to worry about what was in my makeup bag because I had already packed all my other makeup. And thus here they are... ^.^

I have 4 of these Dual Prism Eyes, PU-1, SV-1, GN-1, and BR-2. Each compact comes with 2 colors, a darker color and a medium color, though at first upon looking I mistakenly took the medium color to be a highlighter due to their lighter appearance. I was fooled, they look light but swatched darker so I would say those are medium colors. In fact, out of the 4 compacts I own, only the champagne color in PU-1 can be used as a highlighter, the rest I use on the crease as blending shades. I should also mention that the darker olive color in GN-1 is actually not dark enough to use as liner, so the GN-1 combo is kind of an odd combo for me. Texture wise I would say these Dual Prism Eyes are actually better eye shadows than Lavshuca's previous hit, the Summer Gradually Compacts. They are more pigmented, still a tad dry but smoother and blends better.

I do think the Dual Prism Eyes are rather awkward. To me, important components in an eye compact is a highlighter color and a darker color as liner. The medium crease shade is not necessary because I can always blend the darker shade with the highlighter to get a medium color. So as a result, with exception to PU-1 I always needed an extra highlighter color when I use the other Dual Prism Eyes. Mind you I'm not complaining as I do like these a lot, I just feel that they're a bit awkward, that's all. My way around the medium color is to use the champagne in PU-1 as highlighter for all the other compacts since I carry all 4 with me anyway ^.^

- PU-1: warm champagne, metallic, medium intensity; true purple, shimmer, medium intensity.
My favorite, of course, not just because of that champagne color. I think it's one of my favorite color combination, a warmer champagne and a cooler purple. The champagne is pigmented but not frosty, and the purple color shows up true to how it looks. Gorgeous! My favorite look is to apply a sheer wash of the champagne all over my lids and then line my eyes with the purple.






- SV-1: Taupe silver, metallic, medium intensity; smoky turquoise, shimmer, high intensity.
The medium color shows up kind of beigey in my pictures (looks that way in natural light too!), but it swatched a metallic taupy silver with just a touch of purple and gray. It's quite an interesting color that I haven't seen too many of. The darker color is really pretty too! It looks like a silvery turquoise but swatched much deeper with smoky gray undertone.




- GN-1: Nude beige, metallic, medium intensity; khaki olive, shimmer, medium intensity.
This is a really pretty combination, but unfortunately rather challenging for me to use because the metallic nude beige is too dark to use as a highlighter and the olive green is too light to be effective as a liner. I haven't used this combo very much at all, which is a shame.





- BR-2: Taupe, metallic, medium intensity; bark brown, shimmer, high intensity.
This is a cooler brown combo despite appearing quite warm in my pictures. The medium color is a beautiful metallic taupe and the dark cinnamon bark brown makes a really gorgeous smoky duo (with a separate highlighter, of course).



No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts