Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pizza Pizza

It just occurred to me and hubby that we haven't had a single slice of pizza ever since stepping foot into Japan. Why, you ask? Because...well, see for yourself.

Is that broccoli? Yes. Crab claws? Yes. On a pizza? Yes. What's that dark lumpy stuff? I'm not sure myself.

From Domino's, no less, not that Domino's was all that great at home to begin with. Sorry if I'm being snooty about my pizza, but you'll have to excuse the fact that I haven't recovered from my 4 years stint in Jersey and I don't know if I ever will (cheap shot here, sorry Jersey, I do miss...your food...). Trust me, even if you're completely easy going with pizza before, Jersey will completely re-educated you with its pizza standards. Seriously, goddamn I miss my pies T.T


Among all those, umm, tantalizing options there are only about 4-5 that looks anything like a pizza. The rest are pretty much Japanese food spread out on flat and rounded pieces of dough and topped with cheese. I'm all for open-minded with food and I'm happy to see multi-national businesses going all out to cater to the local taste, but this is...going a bit far, at least for me. I'm sure someone here would appreciate this yumminess, but I'm not ready to stomach this localization...yet. May be someday hubby and I will work up the courage to try, but for now, we'll just stick to our fond memories of the good ol' pepperoni pie.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts