Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick

Woh - this Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick is pure love! I tried this full size GWP on once and immediately tossed it into my bag and never looked back. That's love at first try, second only to love at first sight! It's so rare, because my only other love at first try is Clinique Colour Surge Butter Shine Lipstick!

The Pure Color Crystal Lipstick is a younger, sheerer, and glossier sister of the Pure Color Lipstick. I think I like it a whole lot better too! But that's just because I like sheer lip colors so this is not your cup of tea if you like your lipstick pigmented. With the Pure Color Lipstick, I had to wear it over gloss to sheer it out. With this Pure Color Crystal Lipstick, I just put it on and go! Yep, that's it! It feels nicer and thicker than Korres Mango Butter Lipstick, but too bad it still can't beat the buttery glide of Clinique Butter Shine. But it's still pretty nice, glossy and somewhat moisturizing.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I got this GWP in the color Ripe Papaya, and I love this color so much, I'm definitely buying a backup the next time Estee Lauder runs a good promotion. It's a gorgeous sheer peachy coral with shimmers, and it matches my lips almost perfectly, as in my lips looks super nice but not like I'm wearing anything obvious, even after layering it on a few times. I love it! It's so rare to stumble upon such a gem! I know the picture makes it look dark and scary, but trust me it's beautifully sheer.


The only bummer is that the lipstick is also broken at the base, so I'll have to apply with it a lip brush but that's not a problem for me. In fact, this is a characteristic consistent with almost all my Estee Lauder GWP lipsticks - with the exception of a very few, the rest all break at the base after only a couple of applications, sometimes even after the first try! This is usually a great annoyance for me since I never like any of Estee Lauder's lipsticks enough to bother with a lip brush, but for this Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Ripe Papaya, I will.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts