Friday, August 13, 2010

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick

I've had this Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Bois de Rose in my bag for a long time and have been using it off and on.



It's okay, not my favorite lipstick, and I'm not that big a fan of lipstick to begin with. I guess I wasn't impressed with the formula. It's pigmented, but in my opinion it's too thin to be smooth and moisturizing like Lancome Le Rouge Absolu. In fact, if I press my lips together slowly, I would feel some very fine grit on my lips and not because my lips are chapped. Scent wise it smells like all other Estee Lauder lip products - a chemically fruity scent that doesn't really bother me. My sister, on the other hand, hates this scent. She says it gives her a headache and she stays away from all Estee Lauder lip products.

The color is a cool rosy pink, a tad too cool for me so I usually wear it over a warmer toned gloss (with gold shimmers, for example). Of course, when I apply it over the gloss, the color gets sheerer and I always end up with a my-lips-but-better color (that's how it probably stayed in my bag for so long...). Oh well...

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts