Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Canmake Cheek & Cheek Part III

This Canmake Cheek & Cheek 07 Orange Bouquet is a limited edition release that was supposed to be out in early July. So learning from past experience (plus advised by Haru from Rouge Deluxe) I started stalking my local drugstores 1 week before the supposed release date of July 2. Nothing. I continued to stalk the shops and July 2 came and went. Still nothing. It wasn't until the third week of July that these new released hit my local stores. In addition to this new Cheek & Cheek, I also bought the new Candy Wrap Lips as well as the Whip Mousse Lips. Will post these next!

Canmake Cheek & Cheek 07 Orange Bouquet. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

- 07 Orange Bouquet: a combination of peach and tangerine. Like the previous releases, both colors are matte based with very fine and scattered "floating" shimmers, though more so with the peach than the tangerine. Both colors apply virtually matte. There are 2 pluses and 1 minus with this new release. One plus is that the colors do provide some contrast. Even if they look similar in the pan, the peach and the tangerine swatched two different colors. Another awesome plus, at least for me, is that the tangerine applies true to how it appears in the pan, which means it stays orange and does not turn coral on my skin! If anything, it's a slightly yellower orange, which is quite a rarity as the vast majority of oranges out there all turn pinkish coral on me instead! The down side is that I had a harder time swatching this combo, so they are sheerer. After a few layers they did show up nicely in the photo, but you can definitely tell they are sheer.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts