Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Recently finished up my 0.5 fl oz./15 mL GWP tube of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and finally realized I still haven't reviewed it. I forgot to take a picture of it too prior to using :X Woopsidoo.

This is a supposedly lighter and gel-like version of the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion that I used way back before the start of this blog. Figured it would be a nice and light gel for hubby, especially because it's unscented, but he didn't care much for it and only use a tiny dollop every now and then. So I *helped* him out a bit and ended up using most of it ^.^

***Picture from Clinique USA.

This gel absorbed very quickly into my skin and didn't leave behind any greasy residue. That said, like the lotion version it's too oily for my t-zones and I learned this the hard way, having initially used it during daytime underneath Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Sara Sara Milk. By mid day, it turned my t-zones oil slick, causing the powder in the UV Sara Sara Milk settled into fine lines, around the sides of my nose and even my laugh lines. Nope. No can do. The Caudalie Pulp Vitaminee Anti-Wrinkle Fluid doesn't do this at all (I'm still using the 4mL sample tube, it's lasting me forever and I'm getting impatient!), so this gel became a night moisturizer instead.

My almost emptied out tube ^.^
 As a night moisturizer, I got tired of it after a week. It still turned my t-zones oil slick by the morning, and so it got relegated again to my neck and decolletage and -wow- it made my skin super soft! Interesting how that works, huh? This very much reminds me of The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask, which was also too greasy for my face but was perfect for my neck and chest. I never got around to buying a full size of the Sink-in Mask, and most probably I won't buy a full size of this gel either. What happens with skincare for me is that whatever that doesn't work or I don't like on my face gets "transferred" to my neck and chest. And if it breaks me out even there, it gets "demoted" to a hand cream. This way, I don't waste anything ^.^

2 comments:

Blue Arc en Ciel said...

Had a few hits and misses for my oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin before I chanced on this miracle worker. Its a little more expensive than other products but then it does exactly what it claims. It gently hydrates your skin without any irritation.
Do stop by my blog if you'd like http://blue-arc-en-ciel.blogspot.in/
Cheers!

D. said...

Hi Blue Arc en Ciel,

Happy holidays! Thanks for reading and commenting!

I'm glad this gel worked out for you. It didn't do so much for me :(

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts