Monday, September 29, 2014

Clinique Kohl Shaper for Eyes

A long time ago I received the Clinique Kohl Shaper for Eyes in the color 03 Blackened Taupe and I love it so much it's been in my bag ever since. However, Clinique has discontinued this color, and with my recent purchase of the Chubby Sticks in 13 Mighty Mimosa and 14 Curvy Candy, I also picked up another Kohl Shaper in 204 Black Coffee.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.



Now I'm not sure why Clinique discontinued the color 03 Blackened Taupe, because apparently it's a really popular color that a few years after its last run, the E(vil)bay price scalpers are selling it for $50 a piece! So I treasure my mini one, of course, because in a pinch I can fill in my brows with it using a brush (Hakuhodo B162)!

In contrast, I'm disappointed with the new color I picked up, because it seems the formula has changed. The new color 204 Black Coffee is way too soft and melty, it smudges on my oily lids almost immediately after application :( Whereas 03 Blackened Taupe has never smudged on me before, which was the reason I could use it for my brows when I don't have my trusty Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlighting Brow Kit with me. So yeah, unless Clinique brings back the 03 Blackened Taupe I won't buy another Kohl Shaper.

- 204 Black Coffee: matte and opaque bitter chocolate.

- 03 Blackened Taupe: more like a cool taupey brown with some gray, perfect as an eyeliner and great for brows too!

204 Black Coffee and 03 Blackened Taupe.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts