Friday, December 19, 2014

Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream

After two whole months I'm finally *almost* finished with this 8mL jar of Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream! This is a new brand for me and I got this as a freebie from Sephora last year. To my surprise it's a Korean brand (note the Made in Korea printed on the jar too), neato!

Now the only mystery left is to figure out the brand name Atopalm - what it means and how they came up with it, because their US website doesn't explain it at all. Why do I care about the name? Because Atopalm makes me think = Atom bomb + Napalm. Absolutely not something I want to put on my face. The irony here is that the brand is marketed towards people with sensitive skin too ^.^"



Anyway, my first reaction upon just touching this product was, omg it's crazy thick! It's a really really thick cream with the consistency of whipped honey or sugary icing on the cakes. When I touch it, it sticks to my finger. See the pointy peaks in the jar below - that's how sticky it is. Thank goodness it's not sticky once applied. Quite the opposite, actually. Interestingly enough, it sinks in right away and took like a minute to absorb completely. I was expecting more like 10 minutes if not longer, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I literally use one dab each time. I dab my ring finger in, warm it up in the palm of my hands, then press onto my face. The cream is unscented and super duper moisturizing. Thank goodness it's winter and dry, otherwise this product is definitely not a summer cream. The pictures below were taken after just a couple of uses, because I wanted to show the sticky pointy peaks. No, really, that's the actual amount of cream in the whole jar, and this tiny amount has been taking me 2 months to use, and I'm not totally completely done with it yet. Nuts, huh? I won't buy the full size, because it'll last me a lifetime and I'll probably get bored of it after a season.

2 comments:

Julia said...

When I heard Atopalm, I thought it was a handcream for atopic skin. X'D

D. said...

Oh Julia, you're onto something!!! May be it's atopic + calm = atopalm! Still a silly name but it makes so much more sense now!!!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts