Sunday, December 28, 2014

Tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss

This is the last of my Tarte purchase this past September, a LipSurgence Lip Gloss mini in the color Magic, which was a part of the Magic Wish Deluxe LipSurgence Lip Set. The set also includes a Lip Creme in the color Wishful.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

As much as I love the LipSurgence pencils, I'm not so in love with the LipSurgence Lip Gloss. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad, quite decent actually, being very moisturizing and long lasting. But they're nothing special either - I have plenty of moisturizing glosses and was hoping this will be minty like the pencils, but it turns out to have a sweet sugary scent, just like, well, any other lip gloss. The formula is nice, thick but not sticky and smooth, reminds me very much of the popular (still?) Lancome Juicy Tubes that I used to love but don't care for anymore. Juicy Tubes were such hit and miss when it comes to the scents. I was okay with the hits, but utterly loathed the misses - they were so bad they gave me headaches! So I got tired of risking the misses and just stopped buying Lancome altogether.

That said, this mini is a very convenient size to carry and so it's my emergency gloss that I toss in my bag ^.^

LipSurgence Lip Creme Wishful and Lip Gloss Magic.

- Magic: a warm fleshy pink with gold shimmers that don't really show. Interestingly enough, there's a milkiness in this gloss that's not in the Lip Cream Wishful. So while I love the Lip Cream, this gloss is meh. The color is pretty and demure, but the milkiness makes my lips look pale, and worse it settles into and emphasizes the flaky dry cracks :(

From left to right: Lip Luster Fever, Lip Tint Festive, Lip Creme Wishful, and Lip Gloss Magic.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts