Thursday, December 18, 2014

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup-up Removing Micelle Solution

Almost half way through with this gigantic 500mL bottle of Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup-up Removing Micelle Solution, so I guess it's about time to review it. As usual, I'm late to the party, in this case, the micellar water party. It was all the rage when I was still in Japan back in 2012 and I never really give it any thoughts because, well, it's Japan and everything cost 3x as it should. Fast forward 2 years and I got a deal for BOGO for $22! Sold.


So this micellar water thing is marketed as a jack of all trades, a do it all gentle "water" that cleanses, removes makeup, and tones, right along the line of Caudalie Cleansing Water, only better because it's unscented and supposedly suitable for people with sensitive skin. While I don't have sensitive skin, I definitely approve this micellar water for its short list of ingredients. Because I believe a great product doesn't have to be super complicated, and if it's way too complicate then perhaps it's not that great (ahem - Dr.Ci:Labo!).

So far, I've only used this micellar water as a toner in the morning after splashing my face with just tap water. For that purpose I think it's does an excellent job. It removes excess dirt and oil from my skin. It doesn't turn me all nasty and greasy like Caudalie Cleansing Water did. It doesn't transform my skin or perform miracles, but it does its job as a toner and I'm satisfied with that. I haven't tried removing makeup or sunscreen with it, and I'm not going to. I wear waterproof Japanese sunscreen and no matter how great this micellar water is as a toner, it's not going to remove my sunscreen. And it's too much of a pain to use this to remove my makeup, then remove my sunscreen in two separate steps - my oil cleanser already does both all at once ^.^ So I can only recommend this as a toner. If you can get it on sale, it's worth a try.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts