Saturday, December 20, 2014

Coffret D'Or 3D Glossy Eyes Part II

The Japanese brands have been really lacking lately so I started revisiting my older goodies. Somehow, I stumbled onto the Coffret D'Or 3D Glossy Eyes limited edition palettes 06 Gold Khaki and 07 Platinum Wine! I missed these when they first came out so you bet I snapped them up!

06 Gold Khaki and 07 Platinum Wine. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I've already reviewed these palettes so I'm going to skip to the colors.

- 06 Gold Khaki: despite that burnt gold, this is a wonderful neutral palette and I've reached for it plenty during late summer and fall! It's just a perfect palette for when I want an understated look that's still dressy and sophisticated.

Clockwise from top left:
- Base and highlighter: shimmer, very sheer. A lovely sand color that makes a great base and highlighter, or sometimes I would just layer it and wear it alone as a wash.
- Top wash: shimmer, very sheer. A cream color.
- Liner: shimmer, high intensity. A green-based black with fine golden shimmers. A lovely and pigmented liner.
- Medium shade: shimmer, medium intensity. A decently pigmented burnt gold that's very natural on my lids!

- 07 Platinum Wine: platinum makes me think metallic and on the cool side, but this palette is turns out to be pretty neutral as well. That said, like 04 Pink Violet, this palette has a lacking liner shade that works much better as a medium crease shade instead.

Clockwise from top left:
- Base and highlighter: shimmer, very sheer. A powder pink.
- Top wash: shimmer, very sheer. A silvery white that's almost transparent! You can barely see it in the swatch picture!
- Liner: shimmer, high intensity. I wouldn't call this color wine but more like plummy mauve. It's pigmented, but it's not dark enough to use as a liner, and on my lower lash line it turns way too red. However, it's very pretty as a medium crease shade!
- Medium shade: shimmer, medium intensity. A tawny rose with white shimmers. This color is very pretty!

See my previous Coffret D'Or 3D Glossy Eyes post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts