Monday, December 3, 2018

Clarins Booster

Last year I posted a long rant about these "boosters" products. Eventually though, my curiosity got the better of me and I ended up with a 15mL/0.5fl. oz. bottle of Clarins Booster Repair.


Let's just say I didn't know how to use or what to do with it and left it in my skincare drawer until just a couple of weeks ago. What made me pull it out you ask? Well, a couple of weeks ago I stepped out of the shower and took a good look at my skin, only to be taken aback to find chapped spots and dry flakes all over, especially on my cheeks and chin :( WTF! I've been using CeraVe Moisturizing Cream every night for the past 6 weeks, and I apply it liberally too. How is it possible that my skin looks like I've been trekking the desert? Does this darn cream do anything at all?!

I thought of many other reason why this could have happened. There's the central heating in my new home, but then my knees and feet aren't dry and cracking and I doubt the Cetaphil I'm using on my body is that miraculous. There's the Tokyo Bamboo Charcoal Konnyaku soap, but then I don't feel or see the same dryness on my neck and decolletage where I also use the soap. There's the water, but then I've been living in my new home since July and I haven't had skin this chapped until now. There's also the weather, and it could have been a combination of all of the above too.

Suffice to say I finally found the reason to use this booster and pulled it out of the drawer. The bottle has a built in dropper-tip with a rubber button at the bottom I can press on to dispense. The booster itself is a thick, oily, and brownish liquid. The instructions warned against using this booster by itself--it's concentrated must be mixed with a moisturizer. The recommended amount is 3-5 drops but I only mix 2 drops with CeraVe. After almost 3 weeks of nightly use, I'm seeing improvements with chapped skin though the bumps are still there, which I take isn't the fault of the booster. Once I'm done with the current jar of CeraVe I'm going to switch to a different night cream and see if the bumps will go away.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts