Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream-Gel

Once upon a time, the Clarins Multi-Active line had a lovely fragrance that was powdery and feminine. Then they had to go and changed it a couple (a few?) of years ago. I wasn't aware of the change until last fall when I finally got around to using my GWP tubes of the Day Cream.

Yup, I instantly fell out of love with the product and gave all my tubes to my mum who didn't mind the new scent. I also have this 50mL/1.7oz. full size jar of Day Cream-Gel for Normal to Combination Skin, which I did scoop out into a 5mL jar to try and gave the rest to my mum. Despite hating the fragrance, I haven't tried the Cream-Gel version before and thought I ought to be fair and at least give it a try anyway.

Yup, I still dislike the new fragrance ^.^" It's much stronger, harsher, and more cologne-like than the previous version. Over the past few weeks, I've been using this 5mL jar of the cream-gel as part of my morning skincare routine and hell, I even got used to the scent, but I still just couldn't come to like it.

The cream-gel itself is okay. It's actually pretty thick, so more a cream than a gel. I know it's for normal to combo skin but it's not moisturizing enough for my dry-combo skin, especially when I'm layering sunscreen on top and the sunscreen is drying. So for each application, I end up using a big gob of this cream-gel in order for my skin to feel somewhat adequately moisturized. Will not repurchase. For what it's worth, my mum likes it ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts