Saturday, April 13, 2019

Biotherm Homme High Recharge Energy Splash

Finally, finally got around to using this 200mL/6.76fl oz. Biotherm Homme High Recharge Energy Splash, only to hate it :(

As you can see, it's a toner for men and I originally bought it for hubby. Back then, for a while it seemed he was into lotions and kept "borrowing" my Hadanomy Lotion and Mist. However, soon after this toner was bought his fondness of lotions and mists morphed into gels and gel-creams (and now all-in-one gels and gel-creams) and this bottle sat neglected. He never even touched it!

So after all this time, I couldn't bring myself to throw it out and thought I ought to try it myself first. Let's just say I quickly came to the conclusion that indeed it belongs in the trash bin and I'm glad hubby didn't try it. This stuff comes out of the bottle a translucent and viscous liquid. It appears rather innocuous but is in fact so vile I can't stand it. No, it didn't break me out or destroyed my skin or anything. It just stinks. Quite literally, it stinks up the high heaven.

First, it's very strongly scented with a cologne-like scent. Urgh. I wonder why a cosmetic maker feels the need to douse their skincare products with perfume or cologne. Does the stuff really smell so bad that they had to try so hard to mask the stench? Folks, if someone wanted perfume or cologne, they'd go out and get it. Skincare isn't perfume/cologne and likewise perfume/cologne isn't skincare. Skincare pretending to be perfume/cologne just upsets me so much.

Secondly, even without the strong cologne it still reeks. See the list of ingredients there? The second ingredient listed is alcohol. Yup, it reeks of alcohol. There's so. much. alcohol. I might as well use this stuff to clean as it's really not suited for use on a human body. The alcohol is so strong I had to hold my hands farther away from my face just to dispense some. And even after rubbing my hands together and wave off for 30 seconds for the alcohol to evaporate, the stuff still reeks of alcohol. Yup, I dumped the rest out into the trash bin.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts