Monday, April 12, 2010

L'Occitane Hand Creams

Reminiscing my days obsessed over L'Occitane mini's, I pulled out the various hand creams I bought months ago but never tried. Yeah, that happens a lot, especially when I'm busy and become forgetful. Or I'm just forgetful, period.

- Cherry Blossom Hand Cream: probably the lightest hand cream from L'Occitane, so it may disappoint if you're looking for something more intense in the dry winter. I'm using this right now and it only helps temporarily and after a short while, my hands would feel dry again. Also, even though it's light, it does make my hands a bit clammy after a while and I'm not sure why. I don't have sweaty hands, and I don't get that with any other hand creams or lotions I use. But I do love the scent. A lot. It doesn't really smell like cherry blossoms, but it is a light and sweet flowery scent. And even though the fragrance is not strong, it lasts quite a long time! The first time I used this, I could still smell the lingering scent after a couple of hours. Love it! So yeah, despite the clammy hands effect, this is my favorite hand cream out of the bunch and I like it even better than the original Shea Hand Cream. I will definitely try other items in this Cherry Blossom fragrance!


- Honey & Lemon Hand Cream: this hand cream is a bit thicker and more moisturizing than the Cherry Blossom, so I actually can use it at night prior to going to bed. It's not greasy, and it doesn't give me the sticky hand after a while like the Cherry Blossom. The only thing about this hand cream is that it has a very strong sugary sweet honey fragrance. The first time I smelled it, it made me winced. It is supposed to be honey and lemon, but I can't smell any lemon at all! If you love honey scents, you'll probably like this. I like honey, but I don't love it, so this is a bit overwhelming for me.


- Rose Hand Cream: same thickness as the Honey & Lemon, and also has a very strong rose fragrance. I'm not a flower person to begin with, so I have a tough time dealing with rose fragrances. But that's not to say there aren't any rose scents I like, there are, such as Anderson Soap Company's Fresh Cut Rose Soap, Rose & Co Rose Petal Shower Cream and Lotion, and O'slee Clear Spa Sleeping Mask. And fortunately, this hand cream is one of those rose scents that I can deal with :) In fact, it's my second favorite hand cream next to the Cherry Blossom!


- Lavender Hand Cream: this is the thickest hand cream out of all 4 and probably my least favorite one. I don't dislike lavender, but like the rose fragrance, lavender fragrances are hit and miss for me. And this time, I didn't get as lucky as I did with the Rose Hand Cream above. Yes, sadly I hate this lavender scent. It's just way to herbal and way too strong for me. Urgh. This is actually odd because I have bought L'Occitane lavender bath fizzes for my sister before and I didn't remember them smelling this strong! In fact, they smelled wonderful and it was their scent that prompted me to buy this lavender hand cream! Hmm...I feel tricked.


See my previous post on L'Occitane Shea Hand and Foot Cream.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts