Friday, June 25, 2010

Softymo Speedy Cleansing Milk

I have dry skin so I am always on the look out for cleansers that sounds like they would be nice and gentle so this Softymo Speedy Cleansing Milk seems to fit the bill. That is, until I started using it. While it is a nice cleanser, it's not what I was looking for.

Just out of curiosity, but when you read "Cleansing Milk," how do you expect that cleanser to turn out? I was expecting a sorta runny milky cleanser that's very mild and, perhaps, foams a tiny little bit. Well, I was way off. This one actually turns out to be a cleansing cream. The texture is in no way a milk but is not a firm cream either. Rather, it's sort of like your Yoplait yogurt, only thicker and creamier. It does not foam, and it does not rinse clean, i.e. it does leave an oily film on your skin after rinsing, as all cleansing creams do.

That said, it is a gentle and moisturizing cleanser indeed. I am definitely not a fan of cleansing creams, but I find myself tolerating this one, probably because it is a soft cream and not too firm and greasy like your average cleansing cream. It is unscented, and if you know what unscented Cetaphil products smell like, this Softymo Speedy Cleansing Milk smells like that. I am not sure whether it removes makeup because I always use an oil cleanser first to remove my sunscreen, and the oil cleanser pretty much takes off everything before this cleanser can prove itself in that department. I had plan to use this cleansing "milk" at night as a mild follow up cleanser after the oil cleanser, but I generally prefer my follow up cleanser to foam at least a little bit. And since this cleansing "milk" does not foam, I use it in the morning instead, skipping 2 days in between when I only rinse my face with water.


Anyway, may be I should just stop making assumptions or having any expectation for a product altogether because this is the second time I ended up being way off, the first time with Softymo Airy Whip and now with yet another Softymo product. Then again, may be that's not possible, given everything about a product calls for expectations and assumptions, which is why we get terribly disappointed sometimes. I'm not saying I'm disappointed with this Speedy Cleansing Milk, but it certainly isn't what I expected at all. Had I known it was a cream cleanser I would have never bought it.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts