Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Coffret D'Or Eye Color

Happy May!

I don't go out much these days, so instead of stalking drugstores for new items I started swatching my untouched stash. I have tons of stuff I bought since moving here that I haven't gotten to, one of which is these Coffret D'Or Eye Colors. I wasn't going to get these, but having seen them every time I visit the drugstores, and that's a lot of times, I gave in to the temptation and picked them up, just to see how they compare with my beloved T'estimo Color Eyes

There are only 16 colors available, and although these were released a couple of years ago, Coffret D'Or never came out with any new color since. This post contains the first half of the colors, and part 2 is to follow.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I have to say the texture of these eye shadows is very nice. They are silky soft and pigmented in general, with the more shimmery shades feeling just a tad gritty due to all the sparkly particles, but otherwise they are very soft. I am disappointed with the finishes and the colors though. These are mostly shimmery with only a couple being metallics and a couple more sheer sparkling top washes. Color wise, there are only a couple of crease shades, exactly 2 liner shades, a couple of sparkling top washes as mentioned, a few lid shades, with the rest being base/highlighters, which means they're really pale and sheer. So yeah, if you're thinking of getting these, unfortunately there are only a few worth checking out given the price.

- BE-19: metallic, medium intensity. Metallic peachy pink beige crease/lid shade.


- BK-06: shimmer, high intensity. Shimmery blue-tinted black liner shade with pale blue shimmers. Very pretty and pigmented!


- BR-72: shimmer, medium intensity. Taupey cappuccino crease shade. Not dark enough, but can be layered for a muted liner.


- BZ-04: shimmer, low intensity. I'm not sure what to make of this shade. The super sparkly overspray tricked me into thinking it is a sparkly top wash, but it's not. At the same time, it's a tad sheer for a crease shade and I had to layer it for the swatch. It's still a very pretty bronzy khaki brown with larger gold shimmers, perhaps it can be swept all over as a lid shade?


From left to right: BE-19, BK-06, BR-72, and BZ-04.

- BU-62: shimmer, low intensity. A translucent pool blue lid shade with a blue semi-iridescent sheen.


- GD-26: high shimmer, very sheet. A sparkling golden champagne sparkly top wash. Love it!

- GN-33: shimmer, low intensity. A translucent leafy green lid shade with a gold semi-iridescent sheen.

- GY-37: shimmer, low intensity. A pretty smokey gray with hints of purple a silver shimmers. I wish it was more pigmented. Due to the smokey nature of the color it can still be layered as a crease shade, but perhaps it would make an odd crease color being so...ashy...


From left to right: BU-62, GD-26, GN-33, and GY-37.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts