Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Lunasol Merging Color Lip Blush

These Lunasol Merging Color Lip Blushes were LE released of winter 2020. There were five different colors of which I picked up three, EX01 Velour Red, EX02 Magnolia Mauve, and EX04 Brilliant Flame, skipping the bubblegum pink and the nude-beige.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

These lippies have a creamy and moisturizing formula with medium coverage and satin finish. That said, I honestly can't tell any difference between them and any other good ol' lipsticks, which is to say the formula is pretty standard and didn't really stand out in any way. Whereas I'm super biased towards the jelly-crelly formulas, think Lunasol Full Glamour Lips in 02 Cherry Red, or the melty-oily ones that took me a while to get used to but I now love, think the original releases of the Maquillage Dramatic Rouge

These lippies have the new gold packaging that matches those of the Seamless Matte Lips. The new tubes are shorter but thicker. They look decent but are bulkier than the previous metallic bronze tubes.

- EX01 Velour Red: a marbled pink red with super fine micro shimmers that gives it a very slight pearly sheen. I didn't think I'd like it when I saw the swatch but on my lips it's surprisingly flattering. Even better is that it fades to a sheer balmy red! I ended up liking it a lot more than expected and it's probably my favorite one out of the bunch.
 
- EX02 Magnolia Mauve: how is this marbled purplish plum anywhere near mauve? This is a little too opaque for my liking but I've found that one layer applied to the top lip and then press the lips together to spread would give me the perfect pigmentation and translucency. 

 
- EX04 Brilliant Flame: a marbled reddish orange that's thankfully semi-translucent. Because if it's any more opaque I wouldn't be able to pull it off at all.

From left to right: EX01 Velour Red, EX02 Magnolia Mauve, and EX04 Brilliant Flame.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts