Friday, June 27, 2008

Stila Lip Glaze Part II

I finally tried a couple more of the Stila Lip Glazes I have, YAY!

My previous Stila Lip Glaze post was for Apricot, a mini Lip Glaze from the Gift of Glaze Set from Winter 2007.


Stila Gift of Glaze Mini Glaze Set (from left to right): Candy Cane, Grapefruit, Apricot, Nutmeg, Brown Sugar, and Vanilla.


Apricot

By the way, a mini set like this one is a great way to sample several popular Stila Lip Glaze flavors. I was curious but wasn't going to drop $20 for one, so this was great fun in addition to getting 2 limited edition flavors (Candy Cane and Nutmeg). And plus I have a rather short attention span, so I actually prefer the mini sizes so I can use them up more quickly and move on to the next flavor. I'm horrible, I know. They come out with similar sets every holiday season I think, so try one out if you're interested in sampling!

This review is for the Vanilla from this set. It smells like vanilla, surprise surprise! But I must say, this one is a LOT less sticky than Apricot, so I wonder if the texture changes with each flavor? Gar...I hate inconsistencies!!! Anyhoo, it goes on a gold shimmery translucent nude color, pretty, but not my favorite. I prefer my glosses without any shimmers at all. If you're into that golden sunkist look, this would make an excellent gloss!


The next one is a -gasp- full size I actually bought!

Peach Cobbler: smells divinely sweet and peachy! The picture makes it look more pink, but it's actually is an orangey peach color that reminds me of a pumpkin (?!) because it looks a bit murky in the tube. No worries, it goes on a beautiful nude peach and brings out my natural lip color. My only complaint is that it is a just a touch opaque and I like my glosses more on the translucent side. This one is even less sticky than the Vanilla, and it is also a bit thinner in texture. It feels identical to Lancome Juicy Tubes and I like it a lot! This is the full size version, by the way, not a part of the mini set above.

6 comments:

psychoexgirlfriend said...

I love Stila Lip Glazes -- my fav is Starfruit. You should try it out next time. I didn't realize the diff consistencies though. They all feel thick and sticky to me.

D. said...

Hi psychoexgirlfriend,

Oooohh...I just checked out startfruit on Stila's website - a shimmering coral - Right up my alley of colors! Excellent! I will definitely try it next time. Thanks for the recos!!! :D

Citrine said...

Finally an update! That peach package is so cute!

I've became a Stila fan just recently because the pretty eyeshadow and I really like the cute-but-not-over-the-top packaging.

While I am a lip gloss addict at the same time, I am trying to control myself not to buy any of the lip glaze...

first, I am really grossed out by any sort of built-in applicator(I had to amputated my Neutrogena mineral blusher and press the loose powder into a jar...) that I can't wipe the applicator every time after I use them, plus I hate to think about the idea that there is a little bit of my dead skin cell, left over food, and some enzyme from my saliva ( I eat/apply lip gloss almost constantly)so, I probably won't get any lip glaze...despite the nice scent...

Actually, tempted by Stila's pretty floral package, I picked up the same-package cherry crush (I dab it on my finger then apply on my face, lip stain? Nope.)Now I found myself soaking the applicator in the water for five hour, wipe and air-dry them all the time...)

It makes me feel a tad bit better...yeah, I am anal...


Citrine

D. said...

hi Citrine!

yeah...sorry...been having a blogger's block :D but more updates coming up very soon promise!

LOL i'm glad i'm not the only anal person in the room haha!!! have you try using the moist towelettes? they're pretty handy to wipe your mouth/hands/fingers/applicators with when you're touching up on the run. if i do eat constantly, i'd just stop bothering with glosses and put on some lip balm instead :D

but i hear ya...i try not to think about it too much or it'll get to me too...

Anonymous said...

Someone here really love Stila lol
look like a good lipgloss Thanks

D. said...

Hi beautyaddict1one1,

oh darn, you can tell i like Stila lip glazes? aww shucks!!! i gave it away didn't i? LOL :P

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts