Monday, September 16, 2013

DHC Face Color Palette

Here are the DHC Face Color Palettes, which I bought mostly also due to their cute packaging ^.^ These are pressed powder cheek colors in a 3-shades gradation and are available in 4 variations, PK01 Poppy, OR02 Coral Bloom, RS03 Honeysuckle, and RD04 Cherry Blossom. 

From left to right: PK01 Poppy, OR02 Coral Bloom, RS03 Honeysuckle, and RD04 Cherry Blossom. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Here's the packaging that got me - slim rectangular compacts with length-wise mirrors inside. The flip top is pearly champagne with the same pretty sunflower and butterflies print as the Moisture Care Lipsticks, in white. There is a flat brush included but I use my own so I don't care much for them. The powder blush is fine enough, but it's not the softest or the smoothest I own.

All four colors are meant to give a fresh glow of sort and not necessarily pigmented, very much in line with the general "Japanese" preference for natural looking cosmetics. This is to say they might be too sheer for some. Of course you can use each color bar separately, right most bar for highlighting and left most bar for color. I'm lazy though, so I usually just swirl them all together :)

- PK01 Poppy: interesting choice of name here, because whenever I see poppy, I expect a bright reddish orange, but this is clearly a fresh pink. 

- OR02 Coral Bloom: nope, no coral here either. More like a peach orange that gives me a very healthy flush.

PK01 Poppy and OR Coral Bloom. 

- RS03 Honeysuckle: a lovely neutral rose that shows up pretty well on me.

- RD04 Cherry Blossom: here's the coral color, and the most flattering out of all 4!

RS03 Honeysuckle and RD04 Cherry Blossom. Like the Moisture Care Lipsticks, these later 2 colors are also deeper than the first 2. Hmm...I think I'm noticing a trend here...

4 comments:

kuri said...

They're cute! But compared to other Japanese blushes in the same price range, would you recommend them?

D. said...

Hi kuri!

Actually, these are the "non-Japanese" version of the DHC blush. I think the version available in Japan is much cuter, although I have no idea about their quality and I do think they are a bit pricey at 1,700yen a piece - http://www.dhc.co.jp/goods/goodsdetail.jsp?gCode=22466

The ones I have are OK, not the greatest but not bad. I would totally go for the version in Japan ^.^ if I had access to them, but of course that's just me and you know I'm bias LOL!

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

lol, I see!
The Japanese ones are a bit pricy :P
I can just get more canmake blushes instead.

D. said...

Yeah I would totally stick with Canmake too ^.^ I hope they will release more of the cream ones in the clear series soon!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts