Saturday, September 21, 2013

Stila Positively Pink Cheek Palette

Stila Positively Pink Cheek Palette was a limited edition 2012 Breast Cancer Awareness product. I picked this up last fall while I was in Taiwan, which is why I didn't get to play with it until a year later ^.^'

I started paying attention to Stila limited edition blushes after the Make Me Blush Cheek Color came out on Valentine's 2011. I was even more excited when I finally got around to using that blush and realized how kick ass it is in all aspects, texture an pigmentation!

Positively Pink Cheek Palette. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

However, I was sorely disappointed the moment I touched this Positively Pink Cheek Palette - it feels like chalk. No, make that waxy chalk. It was hard and oddly waxy and chalky at the same time. Both the Make Me Blush and this Positively Pink are made in China, so I don't even have a scapegoat to blame away the astronomical difference in quality and pigmentation. What gives, Stila? Swatching for the picture was painful - I rubbed, and layered, and rubbed, and layered. So yes, the swatches have been layered multiple times.

- Peach pink: with coral undertone. This is the main color of the blush and its only redeeming quality. No, this color is not pigmented. However, sheer as it is it's surprisingly flattering being matte without any shimmers. Of course, struggling to pick up enough of it with the brush is one problem, but when I finally do I get a very pretty glow. I guess they really make you work for this one!
- Golden beige: finely shimmery with some pink tone, for those who wants a bit of shimmers I guess. This color is pressed into the design and not sprayed on, but I like the peach pink as it is so I usually just work around this.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts