Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Body Shop Buriti Baby Body Butter

After sampling small 50g/1.76oz. tub of the The Body Shop Buriti Baby Body Butter from the Mini Essentials Kit, I was hooked and bought multiple full size backups.

The Mini Essentials Kit came with 60mL/2fl oz. each of the Buriti Baby Body Wash, Baby Shampoo, and the Massage Gel which I will post next.

I have to say, this is the very first body butter from The Body Shop that truly feels like butter, firm European butter, to me! And the moment I apply it, it just melts right into my skin and disappears, leaving behind no traces of itself, just soft and supple skin that lasts for a couple of days! I particularly love the fragrance of this Buriti Baby line. It's a mild powdery fragrance that makes me think of adorable and cuddly babies drooling all over their blankies and stuffed animals. Okay, the drooling part is not so cute, but it I had a baby, I'd totally slather my baby in this stuff too for a snuggle. Right, which is why I don't, and may be shouldn't, have one... So slapping this onto myself is a good alternative, you know, babying myself, hmm? 

The mini 50g/1.76oz. (top row) versus the full size 200g/7oz. (bottom row) tub.

But of course, like all the things I love, The Body Shop discontinued this line. Why?!? Yes, I agree it's perhaps a tad too perfumy for infant use, but so are most things being marketed for "babies" out there! To me, this is a fantastic product, way better than all the other Body Shop body butters I've tried! And I only have 1 full size tub left while The Body Shop online store permanently out of stock. This means I'm going to have to depend on e(vil)bay and pay rip off prices for not so fresh products. Urgh. Not happy.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts