Friday, September 27, 2013

The New Black Jewel Heist Collection

From the Beauty.com GWP promo that tempted me to get the Stila Seeing Stars Smudge Stick Set and a full size Dr.Ci:Labo Enrich Lift Cleansing & Massage, I got a full size nail polish from The New Black Jewel Heist Collection in the Duochrome Gray color. I have to say, this freebie is probably the first nail color I own in a long time. The last time I painted my nails was, umm, a decade ago?

I'm surprised how little this "full size" bottle is! Isn't it cute and tiny? I'm actually really glad it's mini sized in comparison to the giant nail polish bottles at the drugstores. Small as this bottle is, it'll probably dry out before I can use up even a fifth!

I absolutely hate nail polish. I mean I love it, just not on my nails ^.^ I used to love watching my grandma and aunts getting their nails done when I was little. I still admire people (hey, it's not just the ladies anymore!) with perfectly manicured and painted nails. I sometimes keep my nails long, but the feel of anything on their surface now drives me batshit insane! Don't ask me what happened, I don't know. I used to paint my nails in college! People just change I guess. Whenever I try to paint my nails now, I'd scrape it all off within the day -.-' And I can't even imagine putting all those glitters and rhinestones on, or worse, fake nails. Shoot, I'd probably go crazy and rip my own nails off!!

Anyway, enough blabbing, sorry. This duochrome gray is technically pretty. It's a steely gray with a pretty turquoise and pink sheen depends on where the light hits. However, on me it just looks like I've jammed my fingers in between the doors. I've tried painting my nails a few times with this color, on just the pinky ^.^' But every time I would first panic in the shower, thinking, omg what happened to my nail? before remembering, oh, yeah, I painted it. LOL! And yes, after the picture below was taken, I scraped it off before the sun set.

Beauty.com GWP promo.
***Screencap from Beauty.com.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts