Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Suqqu Designing Color Eyes Part IV

Here's the Suqqu Designing Color Eyes palette 108 暁空 (Akatsukizora) Coral x Purple that accompanied Moisture Rich Lipstick 103 煌陽 (Kouyou) Fresh Coral, both Umeda Hankyu exclusives from last year. 

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This LE palette doesn't have any special packaging, but I don't care. Just look at that freakin' gorgeous lilac-purple! It's much lighter than my usual deep/liner shade along the purple-burgundy spectrum too. Did having a baby just totally change my taste in colors or what?!

- 108 暁空 (Akatsukizora) Coral x Purple: a unusual combination (at least for me it is) of peach-coral and lilac-purple with a neutral brown and ashen off-white. This time around, I was drawn to both the peach-coral and the purple, though funny enough I've only worn them separately and not together. May be one day, as I've read that you can still layer and blend these to make different shades, even if they're not formulated to create the multi-dimensional effect like the Blend Color Eyeshadows were.

Clockwise from top left:
- Highlighter: shimmer, low intensity. A translucent ashen off-white.
- Lid: shimmer, medium intensity. Pretty peach-coral with a golden sheen.
- Dark/liner: shimmer, high intensity. A deep brown that stays neutral despite the super fine gold shimmers. 
- Medium/crease: shimmer, high intensity. A beautiful lilac-purple.

6 comments:

Caty said...

The purple is one of my all time favorites! Did you get anything from either of the 2 Suqqu summer collections?

D. said...

Hey Caty,

Oh gosh it's on its way to becoming one of all time favorites too!

I was eyeing Himawari but haven't heard a thing from Suqqu UK about whether the collection will come to Selfridges :( What about you? Did you get anything?

D.

Caty said...

I decided to skip Suqqu entirely this summer. I have the green quad from last year's UK summer collection and it's not my favorite. I don't particularly love the UK holiday palettes I have either. Nothing from the regular JP collection caught my eye either. I will be picking up some of the Lunasol summer items though!

D. said...

Hi Caty,

Yeah, I skipped the UK summer exclusives because I found the colors too strong for my daily wear. But for some reason, I really like that bright canary yellow in Himawari. Weird, huh?

Cheers,
D.

Caty said...

I like the yellow too but then I remembered I have Dior and Esprique yellow single shadows from last summer that I stashed away and forgot about!

D. said...

Hi Caty,

Hmm... I guess I have a couple of bright yellows like that too that I haven't reached for in a long while...

^.^"
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts