Monday, August 27, 2018

Lipstick Queen Mornin' Sunshine

What's your opinion on color-changing lipsticks? They've been kind of hit-and-miss for me. Lipstick Queen Frog Prince was decent but Hello Sailor was a total dud. And yet I fell for yet another one from LQ, Mornin' Sunshine. I'd read lots of raving reviews for it and couldn't resist.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Well, to start with the brushed metallic sky-blue tube is pretty! It's the bullet inside that I was nervous about--it's a bright canary yellow and it appears white-based. Right away when I first opened up the tube, I thought, dammit, another dud. Thankfully, I was so, so wrong.

Before going into the color though, I want to say the formula is fabulous. It feels just like Medieval, buttery soft, super moisturizing, glossy finish. I have zero complaint there. 

- Mornin' Sunshine: ready for this? This lipstick applies transparent. Transparent. That's right! It applies totally clear and then--poof!--turns into a gorgeous pinky coral. Holy cow, I couldn't believe my eyes the color's so pretty, and so flattering on me too! Despite the weak swatch on the back of my hand, it shows up pretty well on my lips. And it leaves a lovely pink-coral stain. Love. Need backups stat.

Left photo: Mornin' Sunshine and Queen Bee swatches.
Right photo: Mornin' Sunshine stain.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Hmmm...I am tempted but I suppose I need to first touch the Hello Sailor and Frog Prince I got...two years ago.

D. said...

Hey Mina,

So curious to hear your thoughts of these two. I like Frog Prince OK but Hello Sailor doesn't change color on me at all. It just stays blue the whole time!

^.^"
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts