Thursday, January 3, 2019

Estee Lauder Nutritious Vitality8 Radiant Moisture Creme

For a while, Estee Lauder was really pushing this newish line of Nutritious Vitality8 supposedly targeting Asian skin. The line came out a few years ago and has gone through a few reformulations and name-changes. I'm not sure about the order of things or whether they're the same collection even, because they're all in similar-looking red packaging. But I've seen a bewildering variation of Nutritious, Nutritious Vita-Mineral, Nutritious Radiant, Nutritious Rosy Prism, Nutritious Vitality8, with the latest being Nutritious Super-Pomegranate just released on EL website.

Through various purchases I ended up with four 15mL/0.5oz. jars of the Radiant Moisture Creme, including one jar from a Detox + Glow Set.

I think there might be/have been more items in the collection too, at least outside of the US. I've come across an essence, essence oil, mist, bi-phase emulsion, gel-emulsion, 2-step treatment, detox concentrate, etc., but the EL US website lists just six items: a foaming cleanser that doubles as a deep-cleansing rinse-off mask, two types of lotions (toners), a Fresh Moist and an Intense Moist, an eye gel, and finally two creams, a day cream and a night cream that doubles as a sleeping mask.

It delights me that EL has seemingly done their homework and took after Japanese lotions (toners) with the different varieties of Refreshing (さっぱり), Moisturizing (しっとり), and Enriched (とてもしっとり). I've tried the 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser and liked the Japan-evoking scent a lot. I'm using the Lotion Intense Moist right now and like it also. Will review it next.

 The Detox + Glow Set.


A few months ago, I gave two of these Radiant Moisture Cream to my mum and she really liked it, which prompted me to start using mine. Although this is a day cream, I'm actually using it as part of my nighttime routine. It looked really thick in the jar, and it felt rich when I dabbed it onto the back of my hand to test. So I started using it after CeraVe Moisturizing Cream and layering it over Boscia Sake Balm.

So far so good. Unlike the rest of EL products that are heavily perfumed, this cream (the lotion too, and you already know I like the cleanser's fragrance!) is very mildly scented with what some folks say is a fruity fragrance, but to me it still smells a little bit like tea ^.^ It's indeed thick and rich, and it's so creamy and comforting going on, exactly what I was looking for in a night cream. Of course this got me super curious about the actual night cream that doubles as a sleeping mask, so I went hunting for it and picked up a few things, including a full size day cream-night cream duo and an essence oil, both of which I'm looking forward to try. I never really cared for either EL skincare or makeup before so I suppose they've done well to get me this excited over this line.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

I need to try that cleanser (you got me at "smells like Japan" part!) I just realized their line (more basic ones) are reasonably priced too.

D. said...

Hey Mina,

It's not just me who thinks that cleanser smells like Japan. Hubby thinks so too. In fact, those were his words. Since they replaced the whole line with a reformulation, you can probably find the cleanser on discount at TJMaxx or Marshalls etc.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts