Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hada-Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Facial Cleansing Foam

More than 2/3 way through this 20g travel size tube of Hada-Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Facial Cleansing Foam that came with the Gokujyun Olive Oil Cleansing that I used up, umm, last August. I got started on this cleansing foam just two weeks ago after finishing up the Rosette Cleansing Paste Kaidei Smooth as the follow up cleanser after my cleansing oil (been using a new one for the past 10 day, will review soon!).


This is a decent foaming wash, lightly scented but I don't notice the fragrance anymore. However, I did notice upon the very first use is that doesn't foam very well, nowhere as well as the Rosette Cleansing Paste, even with the use of a foaming net and a copious amount of the product itself.

A foaming wash is a funny habit hubby and I picked up while living in Japan. It's not the foaming wash itself that's funny, but rather how obsessed we became with the foam that's funny. In general, the "Japanese" way of using a foaming wash is to squeeze a dollop onto a foaming net, makes lots and lots of thick and dense mousse-like creamy foam, then wash the face with the foam. It's actually quite fun this way and, well what do you know, the foaming wash cleans so much better too! In fact, a foaming net is included with most facial soap bars and on the box or the instruction sheet, there is always a picture of a hand holding a cotton-candy sized puff of foam, often upside down to demonstrate how thick and creamy the foam can get with sufficient lathering.

So does that mean this foaming wash fails as a face wash since it produces "wimpy" foam? Not necessarily. It rinses clean, leaves my skin squeaky clean but not stripped bare and tight. That said, I don't like it that I have to use twice as much product as I would with Rosette Cleansing Paste just to achieve a foam that's thin and bubbly (rather than thick and dense with mousse-like texture). If you don't give a damn about the foaming aspect, you may like this cleanser much better than hubby and I do. Mean while, we will happily move on as I packed a bunch of other travel sizes ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts