Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dermstore Lip Quench

I received a bunch of these full size 0.28oz. Dermstore Lip Quenches, 5 in total, from the four Fall 2012 Super Luxe Grab Bags and the 2012 Black Friday Special Mystery Grab Bag. A new lip balm to try? Sure, why not!

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


Turns out this was a crappy lip balm :( Is that why Dermstore was (and still is!) trying to get rid of them? It started out nice, going on smooth, thick, and not sticky at all. But then the formula tended to migrate to the inner edges of the lips where the upper and lower lips meet. No matter now little I applied or how I avoided pressing my lips together, I still ended up with an icky white ring that just looked...gross. Also, this was supposed to be a "moisture infused" lip treatment, but it actually dried out my lips and not moisturize them!


The scent was okay, like an artificial something rather and thankfully, there was no taste. The color looked innocent enough, a shimmery champagne that matches the color of my skin fair well, which is why it disappears into the back of my hand in the swatch picture. What you do not see is that the dense shimmers turning frosty on my lips. A no go all around. In fact, checking back with my sister and mum in law to whom I gave a tube of this, I learned neither of them liked it. Mum in law was diplomatic, "It's okay, I don't like it as much as the other ones you gave me..." while my sister was more honest, "It wasn't very good." Hey, doesn't hurt my feelings. I tossed mine ^.^

2 comments:

Emy Shin said...

:) I've also received a few of these lip balms, and my reactions were exactly the same as yours. I haven't used it at all after the first try.

D. said...

HI again,

That's too bad isn't it? I wanted to like this lip balm but hated the yucky white ring it left around my mouth. Ick.

:)
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts