Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Part III

More limited edition colors of Maybelline Baby Lips in 60 Melon Mania and 90 Yummy Plummy. ^.^ These are the latest release, and unfortunately are hit and miss. I love one (60 Melon Mania) and could not care less for the other (90 Yummy Plummy). At least I don't hate it as passionately as I did 80 Pink Wink. Sigh...


- 60 Melon Mania: smells more like cotton candy than melon, which is actually a plus for me. This balm is nowhere as bright as it looks in the tube and I love it! It gives me a very nice bee-stung pink tint that's pretty but cannot be overdone no matter how much I layer on. It is a balm after all. Bought backups of this one, that's for sure ^.^

- 90 Yummy Plummy: looks plum in the tube but applies an opaque mauve that's thankfully not too pigmented. Don't be deceived, it's not a my-lips-but-better at all. When I'm warm and comfortable, the color blends itself right into my lips, but when I'm cold and my lips turn paler, it make me look terribly sickly. It's not as bad as Nivea A Kiss of Shimmer Radiant Lip Care SPF10, or worse, its sister Baby Lips 80 Pink Wink, but it's best a wear-at-home color (because I'm warmest and most comfortable at home?) and not something I would wear out and risk looking sick.

Swatches: 60 Melon Mania and 90 Yummy Plummy.


See my previous posts:
Maybelline Baby Lips
Maybelline Baby Lips Part II

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts