Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dr.Jart+ Renewalist Sun Powder SPF40 PA++

This 6g Dr.Jart+ Renewalist Sun Powder SPF40 PA++ is another loose powder with moderate to full coverage. Last summer I tried the Renewalist SPF40 BB Cream and liked it a lot, so when I spotted this powder I picked it up in a snap. It's not available here in the US, so I got mine from Korea Depart (not affiliated!), shipping directly from South Korea for a really decent price - $16 plus shipping. E(vil)bay lists it for $22-26, plus shipping.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


From the ingredients, I like that there's zinc oxide in it, which means better UVA protection. That said, since it's SPF40, I didn't add the label "sun protection" to this product. I reserve that label for items with SPF50+, and I do not recommend using any skincare or cosmetic product with added SPF in place of a true sunscreen anyway. All my powders with SPF, I use them as secondary protection in addition to sunscreen, and you should too, because why not?

As with the bb cream version, this powder too is mildly scented. Because of its coverage, I also use it to set bb cream. As always, the Koyudo fu-pa14 does a fantastic job in sheering out thicker and opaque powders like this. I did try applying with the provided puff but hated the cakiness. With my other goat hair brushes I didn't like the overly made up finish either.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts