Tuesday, March 31, 2015

VOV Showcase Ball on Cheek

I was surfing Korea Depart (not affiliated) when I spotted these cute VOV Showcase Ball on Cheek on sale, because they've been discontinued ^.^ So I grabbed both colors available, #1 Bebe Pink and #2 Bebe Light. You can still find these on E(vil)bay I think.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

These are 12g of highlighters in loose balls form, housed in tiny and adorable pink pots. That said, they're cheap to begin with ($8 each may be!), so don't expect Guerlain quality or packaging. The pot is plastic. The included puff wasn't well separated from the balls, with just a sheet of tissue, and thus got powders all over it by the time I opened the pot for the first time. And the powder is scented.


That said, the powders themselves are really decent! ^.^ Some of the reviews I've read complained about the lack of color, but I think these are *not* meant to be blushers to begin with. I think they're highlighters and I use them as such. I apply them with a highlighting brush (Koyudo BP025BP026BP024Chikuhodo T5) or dual-fiber brush (Koyudo fu-pa11C019Hakuhodo J544 and J5521J214R and J4001), and I get a really nice soft focus glow with both. And you know what, I would even say as highlighters they're pretty pigmented - pale colors, yes, but they do show up. See the swatches! Even the lavender and the mint show up true to the color they appear.

#1 Bebe Pink: a mixture of (from left to right) pink-tinted white, shell pink, medium pink, pale lavender, and mint. Together they give me a glowy pink-tinted veil. Despite the medium pink showing up well, there are few of these balls in the pot. So when blended together very little color actually show up. If I really really wanted to pickup some color, I'd have to isolate just the shell pinks and the medium pinks and use a denser goat hair cheek brush to pick them up. But that would take too much effort :P

- #2 Bebe Light: a mixture of (from left to right) ecru, yellow gold, pale peach, beige, and cappuccino. I should note that this is just a touch more shimmery than #1 Bebe Pink, and I get a warm and softly shimmery golden glow from these blended together. And don't worry about that cappuccino turning the whole thing too brown. Within the pot, there are only 4 of these balls - I counted! I actually like this highlighter better than #1 Bebe Pink!

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Showcase ball on cheek...I came to laugh at the name.

D. said...

Hi Citrine,

LOL I know! I don't know why Asian products have such funky names!

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts