Thursday, March 5, 2015

Lavshuca Aqua Drops Rouge

I was really tempted to try a few colors among the new incarnation of Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge, only I read that they were reformulated on top of being repackaged, and the new formula is a mere shadow of its former self. Sad, sad, sad. So I went for these Aqua Drops Rouge instead.

Lavshuca Aqua Drops Rouge OR-1, PK-1, and PK-2. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


To be honest, when I first saw these online I was completely underwhelmed. Not only it looked plain and boring, but also cheap and plastic-y. When they arrived in the mail though I saw that my first impression was all wrong - the online pictures did these lipsticks no justice at all! The packaging is actually metal and not plastic, and thus feeling weighty and substantial in my hand. It doesn't feel cheap! The outer tube is metal with an opaque coat of pink, and inner tube is a metallic pink. The top of the cap has a floating heart, which is cute but not too bubblegum. Though the lipstick is small, it's quite sophisticated in an understated way. This is totally unexpected so I'm pleasantly surprised.


The formula is a lot like the former Moist Melting Rouge and the Rouge Essence Bar, similarly smooth and moisturizing, only even softer, thicker, and much glossier, if you would believe it! This mean you can only twist up enough for each application, otherwise they'll mush if twisted up too far. If lip gloss can come in stick form, these Aqua Drop Rouge would be it! That said, they also have a major fault - the color doesn't last nearly as long as both the Moist Melting Rouge or the Rouge Essence Bar. On me, these Aqua Drop Rouge begin to lose color after only about 2 hours, which is disappointing.

All the colors have shimmers, but they're not glittery and don't really show. Also, the shimmers don't affect the texture at all, and the lipsticks remain very smooth on my lips. The finishes are translucent and semi-translucent, depending on the color. Among the 3 colors I have, PK-1 is more translucent than OR-1 and PK-2. As with many Japanese lipsticks, the color choices are mostly "safe" and super wearable, which means nothing too bright or super pigmented. So if you're looking for lots of color that will last, these won't do. But if you want to try a gloss in a twist-up lipstick, pick up one of these and see if you like it. I bought an extra PK-2 for my mum in law and she wore it as an everyday lipstick. She said she loved how moisturizing it was because it was and she used up her tube in a snap ^.^

- OR-1: a semi-translucent peach with white shimmers. I know the stick looks orange in the photo below but it's not orange at all!



- PK-1: a translucent coral also with white shimmers that don't show. This color is actually quite flattering on me. Too bad the color doesn't last longer. Boo. Hiss.


- PK-2: a semi-translucent cooler rose, again with white shimmers that don't show.


OR-1, PK-1, and PK-2.

2 comments:

kuri said...

These kinds of lipsticks are nice, but stuff that doesn't last gets old quickly. Thanks for reviewing!

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Yeah, it's too bad the colors don't last longer. I do find the burst of moisture and the gloss quite nice ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts