Thursday, January 4, 2018

Origins Smoothing Souffle

It seems every winter, I'd go nuts on stocking up on a specific skincare item. Last fall/winter, it was eye creams. This fall/winter, it's body moisturizers and hand creams. You see, I'd ran low of both. Having a little baby means losing track of all inventories except for baby stuff. It's so dry where I live that a couple of days without body moisturizer means I'm itchy all over, and my hands and feet crack. Add in the constant hand-washing and my cuticles crack and bleed. So I panicked and bought a bunch of stuff.

The first of those purchases was one with Origins back in August. For the past couple of weeks, I've been using this 100mL/3.4oz tube of Smoothing Souffle at night, right after the shower.


So...I don't get it. What is it with Origins and toothpaste, because this body cream shares a characteristic with the Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash--the strong smell of toothpaste. When I first gave some to hubby, he cringed and didn't touch it again since. I didn't like the scent at first either, but I've gotten used to it and don't hate it so much now.

There's only one reason why I'm putting up with a body cream that smells like toothpaste: its amazing texture. I'm not sure I'd call it souffle. It looks and feels like the buttercream icing on French cakes, i.e. good enough to eat, and it's all thanks to the toothpaste scent that I haven't licked my hands yet. So yeah, it's amazing going on, so light and smooth. It heats up and leaves a tingling sensation on my skin too, thanks to a the mint and spearmint essential oils. It's adequately moisturizing, though my elbows and knees are still rough. I'd imagine it'd be perfect for the warmer weather.

Anyway, I was so impressed with the texture of this body cream that I bought the Mini Soufflé Sampler Collection, with more of this toothpaste souffle (oh woops, did I say that out loud?), grapefruit souffle, and ginger souffle. I'm especially keen on trying the grapefruit one. It helps that it was on sale too ^.^ More to come for sure.

Smoothing Souffle Whipped Body Cream:
Water\aqua\eau; prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil; butylene glycol; mentha arvensis leaf oil*, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil*, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil*, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil*, limonene, citral, linalool, citronellol, eugenol; olea europaea (olive) fruit oil; peg-100 stearate; ethylhexyl hydroxystearate; glyceryl stearate; vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil; oryza sativa (rice) bran oil; tribehenin; squalane; caprylic/capric/myristic/stearic triglyceride; isostearic acid; cetearyl alcohol; bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2; polysorbate 60; stearic acid; carbomer; dimethicone; stearyl alcohol; caprylyl glycol; potassium hydroxide; hexylene glycol; disodium edta; sodium dehydroacetate; phenoxyethanol ***List of ingredients from Origins.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts