Thursday, February 8, 2018

Wander Beauty Love Lock Hydrating Lip Gel

After the pleasant Beach Balm surprise, Wander Beauty got me intrigued again, this time with the Love Lock Hydrating Lip Gel available in only one color, Parisian Red.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I really like this packaging! It's a slim, metallic red tube that's the same size as the Clinique Almost Lipstick in A Taste of Honey Set I got a few years back, only prettier of course.

I'm not sure why they'd call this a lip gel if it's balmier in texture than the Beach Balm. If the Beach Balm felt like an oil-based balm, then this Lip Gel must be wax-based. Actually, I'd say it's even thicker and balmier in texture than the Clinique Chubby Sticks even, with a pigmentation level that's somewhere in between the sheer originals and the Chubby Sticks Intense. Which is to say this Lip Gel is pretty well-pigmented, way more pigmented than the Beach Balm. See for yourself below. Otherwise it's very comfortable on the lips. Though nowhere as glossy as the Beach Balm, it does leave a nice and soft sheen. I totally didn't expect it but this turns out to be another pleasant surprise for me from the brand!

- Parisian Red: a shimmer-free and translucent neutral red, and it's even more pigmented on my lips than shown in the swatch photo. A total win even if I wear it sparingly with just dabs.

Here's a comparison between the Beach Balm and this Lip Gel, just to show you the difference between packaging size, texture, and pigmentation.

By the way, the Beach Balm now comes in two additional colors: Sol, a coral, and Siesta, a clear. You can buy them individually for $22 each but I bought the High Tide Beach Balm Trio instead, because the trio includes all 3 colors in full size for the price of two, $44. Will give my sister the second Sangria and review the two new colors later.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Now I want the other coral one. Luckily it's out of stock at qvc and not sold at Sephora. Enough to stop me, phew...

D. said...

Hey Mina,

Now I want the coral one too--I didn't know it even existed! ^.^"

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts