Saturday, August 10, 2019

Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm

Last fall, along with two Lunasol Airy Glow Lips, I also received a full size 3.7g/0.13oz. Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm in my swap with Caty (thank you, Caty!).


Drunk Elephant is another "clean" brand I hear about constantly these days. I see pictures and shout-outs all the time on Insta, and many of my gal-pals are using it and have wonderful things to say about it. Naturally, I'm curious but have yet to wade in since my skincare queue is miles long. That said, Caty was spot on with her picks for me. I have a terrible weakness for lip balms. Thanks to chronically dry lips, I use up tube after tube and this one was a much-welcomed newcomer ^.^

I want to talk about the packaging first. Aside from the all-paper and recyclable packaging, I really like the white, black, and bright yellow color scheme. It's somehow really eye-catching and understated at the same time. Each Drunk Elephant product has its own color scheme, for example the Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser (also received from Caty in a later swap--thank you again, Caty, for introducing me to this great brand!) has a candy orange and white color scheme. Even the inner sleeve has a neat black and white print! I don't usually pay much attention to any packaging but this brand somehow got me to stop and admire theirs. Talk about first impression!

Despite the chubby tube, there's only 3.7g of product, about the same size as an average lipstick (Suqqu Extra Glows are 3.7g also!). For $18, it's more affordable than other department store or high end brands but still doubles drugstore retails. 

The balm itself is great! It's unscented, and the texture is on the thin side. On my lips, it feels similar to L'Occitane Lip Balms, only it lasts longer. I really like the wide surface where I can just pucker up and rub the balm all over liberally. Occasionally, my little guy sees me use "Mama lip balm" and wants some also. I normally use Aquaphor Healing Ointment ("Ahco baby," because there's a picture of a crawling baby on the tube and jar xD) or Lip Repair on him, but I would totally give him some of this DE stuff also. That's how comfortable I feel about the ingredients. He seems to like it, which makes a mama happy ^.^ Will definitely purchase!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts